- 1 small butternut squash (cut into 1-2 cm wedges)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (cut into 1-2 cm wedges)
- 3 small beetroots (cut in half and then cut each half into about 3 wedges)
- 80g of mixed baby leaf salads
- 3 tablespoons of lemon zest
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 small red onions (thinly sliced)
- 8 fresh and ripe figs (cut in half and then cut each half into 2 wedges)
- 1 orange (cut in half and then cut each half into about 4 wedges)
- 8 pitted prunes
- 2 handfuls of cranberries
- 3 tablespoons of brandy
- 1 ½ tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of fig glaze or balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
Spread the butternut squash, sweet potato and beetroot wedges out on a baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Cook for about 20 minutes until soft.
Meanwhile prepare sauce.
In a saucepan add lemon juice, lemon zest and red onion slices. (No oil needed) Once onions are translucent, add half of fig wedges, prunes, half of orange wedges and cranberries.
Cook for few minutes, add water if necessary.
Add brandy and bubble it for a few minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate a little.
Add honey and fig glaze. Stir constantly.
Cook until sauce thickens.
Arrange the vegetable wedges over baby leaf salads on a serving platter. Add the rest of fresh fig and orange wedges and then drizzle over sauce.